Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Naan Veggie Boards with Avocado Sauce

You can add some shredded
mozzarella, too!
Happy New Year! I took a break from blogging, because frankly, with the holidays, I took a break from cooking *hangs head in shame*. So now it's all about "new year, new me" blah blah and I've resumed my place in the kitchen. I had a leftover avocado and for some reason everytime I eat them outright, it makes me violently ill. I'm not sure if my lack of gallbladder can't handle the fat, but I hate to waste them and the nutritional benefits are stellar. I decided to make a sauce out of the one I had. You can top this with whatever veggies you want. For this one I used red pepper, green, pepper, onion and broccoli. Honestly, the hardest part of this is making the sauce, which takes all of 5 minutes. This makes 3 veggies boards.

You will need:
1 medium avocado
1 Tbsp tomato paste
Juice from 1/2 lime (about 1 Tbsp)
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
3 Naan flatbreads
Assorted Vegetables for the topping
1 Tbsp grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 350 and "bake" flatbread for about 8 minutes or until slightly firm.

In a skillet, sauté veggies until they are about 1/3 to 1/2 cooked. Then remove from heat. I prefer them a little on the crispy side.

In a food processor, blend avocado, tomato paste, lime juice, and garlic. Mixture will be the consistency of mayonnaise. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir. Spread over the flatbread and top with veggies. For 3 flatbreads, I thinly sliced 1/2 each red pepper, green pepper and yellow onion. I also used 1 medium head of organic broccoli I had in my Door to Door Organics* order. Sprinkle with 1/2 - 3/4 Tbsp grated parmesan. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Each flatbread contains approximately:
Calories: 643
Fat: 28g
Carbs: 83g
Protein: 19g
Fiber: 12g
Sugar: 10g

*I am able to send out about 5 coupons per month to try them out (I think they are for $15 off a box). I've been ordering from them for about a year now and really have loved everything I have gotten. I cannot wait until peach season! If you want one, just send me your e-mail and I can send one  to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment