Sunday, April 13, 2014

Baked Salmon with Spaghetti Squash, Baby Spinach and Tomatoes

I love spaghetti squash partly because it's a guilt-free food and also because it's so easy to prepare and you can cook it while you're doing other things. I'm always a fan of any foods that you don't have to "babysit". The other day, I broiled a 4 oz piece of salmon with a drizzle of olive oil and a spread of 1/2 tsp whipped butter. I used a lemon-pepper grinder that's made my McCormick along with a smidge of tarragon. I baked it at 400 for 15-20 minutes. The recipe below makes 4 servings.

You will need:
4 - 4 oz salmon filets
1 small spaghetti squash
1 container of grape or cherry tomatoes
3 C baby spinach leaves
3 Tbsp grated parmesan
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

For the sides, I baked a small spaghetti squash in the oven at 350 for about 35-45 minutes. It's very simple in that I literally just open the oven door and place the squash in, leave it and check it later. When done, I cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and proceed to fluff it with a fork, carefully shredding all of the "strings". In a separate saucepan, cut all of the tomatoes in half and simmer with salt and about 8-10 oz water. Bring it to a low boil and stir in 2 Tbsp grated parmesan, garlic powder and pepper. Add baby spinach to simmering sauce and toss frequently for another 5 minutes. Add shredded spaghetti squash and toss to coat. Dish onto plates and garnish with remaining parmesan.

In each serving:
Total calories: 292
Carbs: 12.61g
Protein: 28.28g
Fat: 14.54g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
Sugar: 5.79g

No comments:

Post a Comment